On 26 Oct 2002 at 23:53, Sylwester Pietrzyk wrote:

> Rob Brigham wrote:
>
> >Come on guys, it even has the same lens mounted that it was shown 2
> >years ago with at the show! These are old images! The whole article is
> >conjecture.
>
> This is not the same lens. The one 2 years ago was FA 35/2 - here we have
> probably FA 50/1.4.

I even have several pics of it in my archives with a 24-90 mounted, so the pics
aren't the same. This doesn't mean however that they aren't just recycled pics,
it's so easy to back pedal.
Dear all,

I agree that the so-called exclusive pictures for the "new" D-SLR is in fact the abandoned "MR-52" prototype full frame D-SLR.

However, these are the new "MR-52" photographs we have never seen from any sites before.

I have been the follower of Photosharp.com for 3 years and I have checked with their webmaster several times on the validity of the photographs. Taiwan is the major manufacturing base for Pentax and I beleive their claim that their photographs are obtained from their source in Taiwan subsidiary of Pentax.

My conclusion is that it is a controlled leak from Pentax to lower our expectation on the so-called new chassis. MZ-S is already made from the new chassis which is different from the previous MZ/ZXs.

I beleive that the final appearance of the new D-SLR may be a bit different, but overall very similar to the abandoned "MR-52".

Regards,

Henry Chu
27/10/2002

Surf the Web without missing calls! Get MSN Broadband. http://resourcecenter.msn.com/access/plans/freeactivation.asp