Hi list
Did any of you get a mail like this (It's strange since I'm not subscibing
to any yahoo list/group):

To reply:

Hi group,

photography is an anytime changing, exciting thing that has found
numerous places and discussion forums in the web. These are changing
as photography in general is changing. This cannot be without
consequences for forums like these.

What can be observed in the last year was a fast growing website and
forum community with unmatched competence in the digital photography
area. Especially dpreview became a place, where informations and
discussions became available much faster and reliable than in the
classic brand related forums. Recently, e.g. the article and pictures
on a new MZ-S Digital on photosharp.com.tw appeared there 2 days
earlier than on the usually fast PDML.

Since high end SLR photography in future will be digital photography,
it is just consequent to shift a forum like this one over to a place
like dpreview if time is ready for this. In my mind, it's ready now.

So I invite all the 200+ friendly, humble, knowledgable and relaxed
members I have seen here plus the numerous passive readers to switch
over to

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/

in order to strengthen the Pentax crowd there. In case you have no
interest in digital, I have two things on offer. First the two big
Pentax yahoo groups http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Spotmatic/ and the
this group will not be deleted, but it will become a passive archive.
So members will have access to the postings and image archive aytime
at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pentaxxstarforum/. However, this
archive will be a so called hidden group without new messages. The
change will happen at the end of October.

See you,

Ralf

Sell a Home with Ease!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/SrPZMC/kTmEAA/jd3IAA/hZCslB/TM