----- Original Message -----
From: "William Robb" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, October 30, 2002 10:07 PM
Subject: Re: Brad's Pentax Gripe Gets Nasty ;-)

That it is, but I love it to death.

> > Did I make a wrong choice right from the beginning?
>
> Why did you buy an MZ-S? Did you buy it because it had a 7 fps
> motordrive, and a 42 point autofocus? If you did, then yes, you
> should have read the brochure more closely.

I was told it would make 3 dimensional digital images.  I was disappointed
it did not when I got it.  I've wrote time and time again that I think
2.5fps is too fast....for me.  fps I could care less.  I mostly use the old
centre spot focus, so 42 points is a little drastic.  I read the material on
the camera, and purchased it.  I can usually understand some basic english.
So, fun over, Did I make the wrong choice?  I wasn't referring to Pentax
camera models.  I was looking at brands.  And I hadn't made up my mind if I
have, had, etc, made the right choice.

> No one buys Pentax for cutting edge camera body technology.
> It's been this way for 40 years.

No they do not.  Nor did I.

> One buys Pentax to use Pentax lenses, which are, IMO, the best
> lenses available.

Yes, you have that right, and others share it, and Nikon people will blast
you, Canon people will blast you, and Carl Zeiss will put you to shame
instead of blasting you.  They (Pentax) have good optics, no doubt.
However, whoever makes the glass for the US spy sats. probably win the top
award.

> Is there a problem with your MZ-S? Does it not live up to it's
> specification? You bought it to shoot film, right?
> Or did you buy it to shoot digital?
> If you bought it to shoot film, and it does what it is supposed
> to do, then it was the right choice.
> If it doesn't, then you have to look at why.

Heh, you're getting a bit carried away.  Remember the problem, CS-130,
stock, advertising.  Anyhow, like I said above I thought it would make 3
dimensional digital images.  I was wrong.  As for all your questions the
real answer is none.  I was talking brands.

> Does the camera perform as advertised?

Well, I liked the pictures in the large brouchure, but they were mostly
taken with the FA* lenses I cannot afford.  The camera is fine.

> If it does, then you made the wrong choice, sorry.

No sorrys needed.  I think I've stated 10^2 that I like the MZ-S

> If it doesn't, then you have a beef with Pentax, The same way
> anyone who buys a defective product has a beef with the company.

Right!  And on topic!  And hopefully someone will see this and make some
changes!

> > Just a random thought, this Pentax DSLR, coming out in
> what...the PCA?  Or
> > something.  Anyhow, what if it doesn't come out, everyone had
> all these same
> > reactions up to and a couple days past the Photokina.  If they
> don't come
> > out with a DSLR, what will you do?

Never answer a question with a question.  Best to either answer it, or
choose not to.  Everyone knows I'm not going to buy a digital SLR in the
next 5-10 years.  What brand, who knows!?  ;-)

> So what?  If they make one, that's nice. If they don't,
> whatever.
> I don't really care one way or the other. My life doesn't depend
> on whether Pentax makes a digital SLR.
> Your's doesn't either, if you think about it.
> For myself, I will keep shooting film.
> I like film.
>
> William Robb

Thank you for being you Bill.  I appreciate the help and insight you've
shown me.

Regards,

Brad Dobo