On 9 Nov 2002 at 17:12, Paul Stenquist wrote:

> The harshness or smoothness of the bokeh -- or out of focus elements --
> is dependent on much more than the lens and the way it renders things.
> How distant they are from the camera determines their rendering more
> than any other element. The lighting is critical as well.

I have found that the most obvious examples of good/bad bokeh occur in the back
ground of images where the subject is in the near to middle ground and there
are specular highlights in the background such as reflections of the sun off
water or glimpses of sunlight through tree foliage.

Cheers,

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110