On 10 Nov 2002 at 13:40, wayne wrote:

> hi
> i came across this lens in mint condition i mean not a scratch for $120
> australian so i bought it
> i have a couple of questions
> 1. flare- how do i control it-it flares worse than smc lens

Use a hood, the VMC coatings are old technology and weren't as good as Pentax
in their day.

> 2. optically how does it compare to zooms of today

It's sharp, but it's heavy, variofocal and flares worse than most current
zooms, lack of contrast due to veiling glare is a real problem.

> 3. was that a good price 0- i think so the last two on ebay went for around
> 180-200 us or 320-350 australian

Yes

4. anyone compared it to the tokina 28-70
> 2.6-2.8 and how does it fare

No idea

5. finally it doesx not mount my autofocus bodies -
> how do i cooreect this? thanks

Modify the protection flange next to the aperture lever, compare it with a
Pentax lens.

Cheers,

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA