Hey Bruce,

I mentioned the speed, in the form of everyone wanting a lower f number and
the larger, heavier glass.
Your second paragraph I'm reading two ways.  The increase in speed costs, we
all know that, so it drives the cost up.  So it's funny that an FA* with f/2
is cheaper than mine.  You would think, it being an FA* (whatever * really
means) and an f-stop of 2 instead of four would make it considerably more?
Or I read it as to correct for the distortion, as you talk about in the
first paragraph, also costs money, which would drive mine up.  I don't know
the exact difference in price, but the FA* is cheap, by a bit, how small a
bit or large, cannot remember.

So, where does this leave us?