Ok, well, the FA20-35/f4 has solid mechanics then. It has 'high tech' materials. Everyone has said similar, and I've used it.
To me that is just marketing  prattle.

Cheap and lightweight plastic? HAR. Old-fashioned view. There is nothing cheap about the plastics used nowadays.
There is. Metal processing is much more expensive (but more exact) than the injection moulding used to produce plastic parts. That is why the cheap lenses are plastic, the expensive ones are not. Especially nowadays.

There's more R&D money in strong plastics than metal.
Do you have numbers? That magnesium alloy of the MZ-S was not cheap in development either, I guess. However, the old metals steel, aluminium, and brass beat all plastic materials hands down in all respects but one: weight.

Lightweight. I hope so, who wants a heavy lens when you can have the same thing lighter?
Because it feels better.

No balance arguments, not at lenses this size.

Why not?

I guess carbon-tripods are cheap and lightweight too, it's only carbon, not metal, and it's light.  No, that arguement doesn't work does it?

I cannot comment on carbon tripods as I have only metal ones. And a heavy tripod is a good thing sometimes, isn't it?

Arnold