I would say if you hadn't used any high quality primes but still decided to pass some quick conclusion. There is not much to discuss really. I am not saying whether your point is correct or not, just the lack of experience or proof.

regards,
Alan Chan

Can I get into this without any trouble? <non cut and paste area> Not to
step on yours or anyones' toes, but look at it from such a less extreme
critical viewpoint. People have a hard time accepting that a zoom, will
beat some fixed-focal length or the 'pride' term is prime lens. Have I used
all of these, no. I'd make a small wager that if I looked at comparison
photographs, I couldn't tell which from which. My eyes have been checked
recently. I'm just not that critical. Know what I mean? So there is that
point and then the Limiteds are another. This group (which is not wholly
representative of any Pentax customers or close) is in love with the Ltds.
Why? You and others could name a dozen or two quite fast. To me, they are
ugly little silver metal lenses of fixed (limited) local lengths of 'odd'
numbers. Right, I have never owned one or tried one. If I get a chance to
try a Ltd. I will do so, then maybe take back my words, but don't count on
that too much. I'm not so critical of lens performance as a good group of
you are. To myself, they are silly looking, something like the fixed lenses
on an old 35mm Germany camera I have (fungus problem, was given to me, found
in the bottom of a box). I can see there are times where you want to go
'back-to-basics' and pull out the old mechanical camera and it's old lenses
or your Ltds. I can't do that myself, but I like the appeal as a time to
time thing. But anyone stupid enough to break a cheap build lens is wealthy
enough to buy another one no problems. It's the optics that count anyhow
right? (talking 24-90 You wouldn't get those without a case of some sort
around it, and I don't think it's duct tape, so it must be good enough.)

I think a fair email. If you look where I'm coming from. I don't tow the
party line here, I know. Some of you would give your life for your Ltds.,
so consider me a check and balance, you US folks will like that! :) I don't
consider myself expert or have used all the lens, but I believe if you
placed them all in my hands, I wouldn't be able to tell you which was which.
Just a speculation! Some are not so critical, some don't need to be. Some
don't care.

Well, I hope I'm not opening up for an attack against me personally. Just
my view, my take. Perhaps looking that others that aren't so demanding but
dare not speak out like I do. Maybe they don't want to blow up the shots?