From: Stephen C. Rose [mailto:stever...@gmail.com]
Sent: 31-Jul-14 6:39 PM
To: John Collier; Peirce List
Subject: Re: [PEIRCE-L] [biosemiotics:6231] Re: biosemiotics is the basis
for

It is the penumbra of everything within the mind that you experience prior
to putting a word to it that attests to the independent existence of
"uninterpreted phenomena". I think it is for this reason that the writing of
words is always a sort of slaying of what was there. This is a temporal
event. It proceeds I think from the conscious sense of there being more than
one can name and its editing down to one or more terms that is seen to be
the named sign. This is my experience of how signs may evolve within
consciousness.

@stephencrose <https://twitter.com/stephencrose>