At 04:20 PM 9/9/2014, Frederik  wrote:
Dear Howard, list
This [complementarity of models] is an important issue. I do not think it is a choice between a psychological and a non-psychological model which must compete. It is a distinction between two levels of description . . .

HP: That helps. As you all know, Stan and I believe that reality is too complex for one model. Adequate models of reality require complementary hierarchical levels. So I infer that you can also accept psychological models and are not as anti-psychologistic as you sound in NP or as Peirce obviously was.

Enough of that, Onward to Dicisigns.

Howard