Gary, lists,

There's a new article on beta decay and biochemical chiral asymmetry:

     Chirally Sensitive Electron-Induced Molecular Breakup and the
     Vester-Ulbricht Hypothesis

Phys. Rev. Lett. 113, 118103 – Published 12 September 2014
J. M. Dreiling and T. J. Gay

           Abstract

   [ http://journals.aps.org/prl/abstract/10.1103/PhysRevLett.113.118103 ]
   We have studied dissociative electron attachment in sub-eV
   collisions between longitudinally polarized electrons and chiral
   bromocamphor molecules. For a given target enantiomer, the
   dissociative Br anion production depends on the helicity of the
   incident electrons, with an asymmetry that depends on the electron
   energy and is of order 3×10−4. The existence of chiral sensitivity
   in a well-defined molecular breakup reaction demonstrates the
   viability of the Vester-Ulbrict hypothesis, namely, that the
   longitudinal polarization of cosmic beta radiation was responsible
   for the origins of biological homochirality.

   DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1103/PhysRevLett.113.118103

There's a perhaps over-excitingly titled article posted at Sciam from _Nature_ about the new paper:

       Weak Nuclear Force Shown to Give Asymmetry to Biochemistry of Life

       "Left-handed" electrons have been found to destroy certain
       organic molecules faster than their mirror versions

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/weak-nuclear-force-shown-to-give-asymmetry-to-biochemistry-of-life/

Best, Ben