At 10:58 PM 12/16/2014, Jon Awbrey wrote:
Howard,

It's hard for someone trained as a graph theorist to make sense of that question, since graphs, strictly speaking, are just dyadic (or binary) relations.

HP: So if it makes any sense, you would say the answer to my question is, No, by definition.

JA: If we are more loosely speaking about the sorts of diagrams that Peirce called "graphs" and used to represent propositions about arbitrary k-place relations, then we'll have to take some time to say what those are exactly and what they represent and how exactly to interpret them.

I might very hazily hazard a guess that are talking about a picture like this:

And maybe what you call a "dyadic subgraph" is some 2-part piece of that?

HP: That's too hazy. So I wonder: Is it possible to faithfully represent Peirce's triadic concept of a sign by a diagram or picture of any type? Frederik discusses <http://www.digitalpeirce.fee.unicamp.br/hoffmann/p-sighof.htm>Hoffmann (p. 279) but his diagrams are not graphs and the meaning of the lines joined at the center is totally occult.

Howard

Howard