Sent: Tuesday, December 16, 2014 8:58 PM
Subject: [PEIRCE-L] Re: [biosemiotics:7752] Re: Peirce categories

At 02:07 PM 12/16/2014, Gary Fuhrman wrote:
 The reason that "people keep saying you [Edwina] support dyads" is
that your three "relations" have only two "members" each, to use
Peirce's term. A triadic relation has three members, not two; and a
complexus of three dyadic (two-member) relations is not, according
to Peirce, "a triadic relation."

All these claims are unclear to me. Why are these two descriptions
inconsistent? Is there a graph theory representation of a triadic
relation that does not have a dyadic subgraph?

Howard

PEIRCE-L subscribers: Click on "Reply List" or "Reply All" to REPLY ON PEIRCE-L to this message. PEIRCE-L posts should go to peirce-L@list.iupui.edu . To UNSUBSCRIBE, send a message not to PEIRCE-L but to l...@list.iupui.edu with the line "UNSubscribe PEIRCE-L" in the BODY of the message. More at http://www.cspeirce.com/peirce-l/peirce-l.htm .