Gary, List,

We've been through these issues so many times before
that I can't think of anything new to say right off.

Pragmatic Maxim (PORT, Ontology, Peirce, SemioCom Lists : April-June 2002)
☞
http://web.archive.org/web/20070705085032/http://suo.ieee.org/ontology/thrd25.html#04226http://web.archive.org/web/20070705085032/http://suo.ieee.org/ontology/msg04226.htmlhttp://web.archive.org/web/20070705085032/http://suo.ieee.org/ontology/msg04227.html

Someone, no doubt one of my former and blissfully forgotten selves, used some
fraction
of the above material for that wikipediot article you cite.  It was originally
titled
"Seven Ways of Looking at a Pragmatic Maxim" in allusion to one of my favorite
poems
by Wallace Stevens. ☞ http://www.poetryfoundation.org/poem/174503

There's an abridged version on my blog:
☞ http://inquiryintoinquiry.com/2008/08/07/pragmatic-maxim/

A recent rendition of my extended commentary is here:
http://intersci.ss.uci.edu/wiki/index.php/Inquiry_Driven_Systems_:_Part_5#5.3.2._The_Light_in_the_Clearing

Nuff for Now ...

Jon