Frederik, Howard, lists,

I agree.
In my opinion, what is widely called "autocatalytic" is more or less
synonymous with "self-organization".  As you can see in the 4/14/2015 post
partly reproduced below, Step 4 in Figure 1 is "autocatalytic"
in that the intermediate X reproduces itself with the help of Y.  Since the
Brusselator is one of the (if not the) first and the simplest theoretical
models of the self-organizing chemical reaction-diffusion system
and since I have shown that the Brusselator can be mapped onto the
ur-category (see Figure 2) to which Pericean semiosis itself belongs, it
seems to me that the following terms can all be considered sharing
similar meanings:

(1) autocatalysis
(2) self-organization
(3) semiosis (including the first semiosis)
(4) Peircean sign
(5) thinking
(6) mind
(7) irreducible triad