Franklin, Jerry,

Franklin, good post. You wrote, regarding "Peter fought Harry" and "Harry fought Peter",

   I would consider "_fought_" to be commutative, and there is no
   change in logical meaning, so long as the subjects are the same; in
   this case, Peter and Harry.

It occurred to me before I went to sleep that Jerry was using the word "fought" as commutative. This didn't occur to me in my response because I've gotten so used to using the words "fight", "fought", etc., in a non-commutative secondary sense, in which one person can fight another in an argument, a decision-making process, without the other person actively fighting back.

Best, Ben