Hi Jeff,

You wrote:

"Kant claims that the singular, particular and universal quantities are the
fundamental modes of quantity that are essential for all demonstrative
arguments.  Based on his work on the conceptions involved in working with
various sorts of quantitative relations, Peirce argues that the really
crucial idea is not any particular quantitative ordering (ordinal,
cardinal, etc.)  Rather, it is the conception of a quanta itself.  This
much was well appreciated by the classical thinkers, including Aristotle
and Euclid.  In order to make comparisons based on considerations of
quanta, we need to be able to order the things that are being treated as a
quanta in a way that allows for transitivity. Peirce's argument about what
is necessary for putting the things we are thinking about in a transitive
ordering so that comparisons can be made are found in his long--and rather
technical--discussions of quantity."

The mention of "quanta" in this paragraph, of course, reminded me of
the *quantization
of energy *discovered by Planck in 1900 when he derived his radiation
formula that fitted the blackbody radiation spectra (which are long tailed
histograms).

I think it is fair to say that the idea of "quantization" did not penetrate
into the biomedical science community until 2008-2014 when I generalized
Planck's radiation formula in the form of what I now call the "Planckian
distribution equation (PDE)" and showed that PDE fitted histograms
(including blackbody radiation spectra) generated from all branches of
biomedical sciences [1, 2].  One of the consequences of these findings is
that the *quantization phenomenon* is not confined to quantum physics  but
occurs in biomedical sciences as well (e.g., protein folding, enzyme
catalysis, cell metabolism, decision making, speech, music, etc.).  In
fact, I was led to conclude that,

"*Without quantization, no counting, no organization, nor comparison*."
          (120915-1)

All the best.

Sung