John, List:

Thanks for the further information, John, in the private email, posted below.

I now understand your position more fully.

My understanding is now clarified.
The meaning of the term "degeneracy" is ambiguous, even though the mathematical
usage is crisp.
It's meaning depends on the initial perspective/intent of the author when
removed from the mathematical context.

Thanks, John.

Cheers

Jerry