Jeffrey and list:

So, to be clear, in your example, it was Result (we would see a pile of
corn), Rule (from bag left all winter, fall out, cows pick seeds- different
rules for different contexts/representamen/sign), Case (old bag of corn,
new bag of corn, cow pick of corn)...

So, how did you pick out the best inference?  What's the relevance relation
that convinced you?  Was it gnawed?

Thanks for your patience,