Hi list:

The "theory of the nature of thinking"...one or many?

How would you know and how would you convince others?

*“But if there is something which is capable of moving things or acting on
them, but is not actually doing so, there will not necessarily be movement;
for that which has a potency need not exercise it. *

*Nothing, then, is gained even if we suppose eternal substances, as the
believers in the Forms do, unless there is to be in them some principle
which can cause change; nay, even this is not enough, nor is another
substance besides the Forms enough;*

*for if it is not to act, there will be no movement**.” *~Aristotle

*"Under this conception, the ideal of conduct will be to execute our little
function in the operation of the creation by giving a hand toward rendering
the world more reasonable whenever, *

*as the slang is, it is 'up to us' to do so" (CP 1.615).  *

Hth,
Jerry R