Dear Edwina:

Your email came while I was writing mine, and thus I did not read it before
sending mine.

But I think that what you quoted from Peirce at the end of yours is what I
am trying to get at, namely, "...Consequently a thing in the general is as
real as in the concrete" 8.14..."It is a real which only exists by virtue
of an act of thought knowing it,"

Ben Novak

*Ben Novak <http://bennovak.net>*
5129 Taylor Drive, Ave Maria, FL 34142
Telephone: (814) 808-5702

*"All art is mortal, **not merely the individual artifacts, but the arts
themselves.* *One day the last portrait of Rembrandt* *and the last bar of
Mozart will have ceased to be—**though possibly a colored canvas and a
sheet of notes may remain—**because the last eye and the last ear
accessible to their message **will have gone." *Oswald Spengler