Søren, List:

SB:  I can see that Peirce has a kind of Zero field from which both matter
and mind arises as sort of continuum – difficult to imagine – or inside and
outside, which I find easier to comprehend and fits with his development of
Aristotle’s hylomorphism, meaning that all matter is alive “inside”. But
does that also mean that all mind is matter like inside?

No, because mind is the more fundamental of the two--"the physical law as
derived and special, the psychical law alone as primordial" (CP 6.24).
Peirce famously said that "matter is effete mind" (CP 6.25), and also
called it "mere specialized and partially deadened mind" (CP 6.102); but as
far as I know, he never described mind as "lively matter."

Regards,

Jon