Jon, list
No- you aren't accurate but I don't see that I should have to  defend myself;
if you have inaccurate views of my views - then, I am hardly going to fight you
about your views of me!

BUT - you adamantly told us that Peirce effectively abandoned his use of the
Categories, which you defined as 'early' and instead, moved on to consider the
Three Universes. That was my argument with you - that you rejected his
Categories as 'early Peirce' while the 'mature Peirce' discusssed only the
Three Universes. I maintained that Peirce never abandoned the Categories and
indeed, don't find them comparable in any way with the Three Universes.

As far as the emergence of the universe, I tend to support his 1.412 outline,
which is a physico-chemical-biological outline, along with his outline of
evolution and adaptation [tychasm, agapasm] - none of which make any reference
to a non-immanent a priori Creator/God - as outlined in the NA.  I didn't find
your attempt to correlate 1.412 with the NA a convincing argument.

Therefore - I said, and repeat, that I have no comment on the NA, since I don't
find that it fits in with the emergence-evolution arguments found elsewhere in
Peirce.

As for Peirce's Platonism -[ which is not the same as neo-Platonism], I find
Peirce a thorough Aristotelian - and the debate, for example, by Aristotle vs
Platonism [in many areas, including in physics, metaphysics, politics] ...seems
to find support in Peirce's views on, for example,  matter and mind; causality;
....so, I don't find arguments defining him as 'Platonist' very convincing.

Edwina