Dear list:

I found this article that clarifies the position Peirce would take.  Well,
if you take this in context of *Man's Glassy Essence* and *The Logic of
Relatives:*

“I look upon Mr. Peirce as an extreme nominalist, or, if he prefers it, as
a nominal realist soaked with nominalistic opinions. He professes to be a
realist, but he rescinds the foundation of realism. Like the bear of the
hermit Mr. Peirce throws the stone at the fly of necessary connection, and
in doing so kills the philosophy of realism itself...

In summing up the result of the whole battle, we find that there is not a
single question on which we have to yield or even modify our position. Our
position remains the same, while Mr. Peirce's position has become glaringly
untenable.”

~Paul Carus, Monist, 1893,

*The Founder of Tychism, His Methods, Philosophy, and Criticisms *