John, Stephen, list:

I think it’s bad form to think that metaphysicians should not expect any
certainties in their inquiries.

This business of understanding the problem of universals can be understood
by getting a better sense for how the genitive case operates in context of
syllogism, as I think Stephen was referring.

Best,

Jerry Rhee