BODY { font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px; }
 Jon, list - again [and I'm stunned] - we agree. I agree with the
arrangement of 1stness-3rdness-2ndness.

 This message is virus free, protected by Primus - Canada's
 largest alternative telecommunications provider.
 http://www.primus.ca
 On Fri 31/03/17  3:40 PM , Jon Alan Schmidt jonalanschm...@gmail.com
sent:
 Edwina, List:
 Understood, and I think we agree that within our existing universe,
all three Categories are involved in every phenomenon.  Again,
though, Peirce attributed the "second flash" to "the principle of
habit," which is 3ns rather than 2ns.  Interestingly, this
arrangement of the Categories (1ns→3ns→2ns) is consistent with
the next passage that you quoted ...
  CSP:  The starting-point of the universe, God the Creator, is the
Absolute First; the terminus of the universe, God completely
revealed, is the Absolute Second; every state of the universe at a
measurable point of time is the third. (CP 1.362; 1887-8)
 ... which also echoes the diagram that Jeff introduced in another
thread, presenting inquiry as a similarly hyperbolic process.
 Thanks,
 Jon