Helmut, Edwina, List:

HR:  my point was, that a token is embodied, but a molecule has no clear
borders (of it´s body) ...

In this context, "embodied" does not necessarily mean that a Token "has a
body," it just means that it is existentially instantiated in some way.
The word "Token" is a Type, but it is embodied every time someone actually
says, writes, or thinks that word.  Water is a Type, but it is embodied in
every molecule that consists of two hydrogen atoms bonded to one oxygen
atom.

ET:  in the biological realm, the token has a different and additional
facet. Each token is more or less unique from other tokens even if they all
belong to the same TYPE.

In a sense, this is true even in the physico-chemical realm.  Although
every molecule of water is "the same" in terms of its composition and
structure, each one is a different particular with different constituent
parts--two hydrogen atoms and one oxygen atom with their corresponding
protons, neutrons, electrons, etc.  This is why I keep saying that the
Dynamic Object of a general Type is the *continuum *of its *potential *Tokens,
not the (discrete) *collection *of its *actual *Tokens.  Given any two
actual Tokens of a given Type, there is an inexhaustible supply of
potential Tokens of that same Type that would be intermediate between them.

ET:  The fact that in the biological realm, each individual token might be
slightly different, enables this realm to provide more adaptive diversity -
and less stability.

Agreed, biological Types are less restrictive and thus more flexible than
most physico-chemical Types--which is one reason why biology is not
reducible to chemistry and/or physics.