Edwina, Jon, List,
I agree, that a molecule (and an atom, a particle...) is a token. But, when something happens with this molecule due to a natural law, eg. the law of gravitation, is then the spatial section of this law that works upon the molecule a token of the law? I was thinking no, because the law continuously pervades the whole cosmos, and to think, that saying "instantiation of a law" would mean to construct a concept of spatial section of the law, and that this concept would be sort of anthropocentric or organismocentric. But maybe I am too hairsplitting, and anthropocentrism cannot totally be avoided  by us humans anyway. I think I was thinking, that a token is something separate (discontinuous) by nature. But if it isn´t necessarily- Ok!
Best,
Helmut
 09. April 2017 um 22:09 Uhr