Helmut,

Now you are talking! Excellent post.

"Interaction" is one way of taking relational logic seriously.

But it does not follow that "explanation" (if based on scientific evidence, may not have any objective definition. Or whatever the term used. I would prefer the expression: "objective grounds".

Nominalistic philosophizing realies on just definitions. In geometry, as well as with any deductive inferences (e.g. formal logic) definitions play a very different role than in empirical sciences, relying a great deal on abductive % probable inferences.

"Interaction" is a dual idea. CSP deals with such taking them to present secondness & Secondness.

Which do not mean quite the same in the writings of CSP. He uses capitalized and not so terms SYSTEMATICALLY. Which has not been taken into proper consideration in republishing & editing his writings. - It not just a matter of linguistic concerns & current usage of capitals.

CSP was definely not modern, he truly was post-modern. Anticipating developments in our millennium.

So, interaction is good to start with, but a third is needed. Mediation brings in the third.

The third brings in Meaning, not just reference.

Best, Kirsti