Stephen, List

> On Feb 1, 2018, at 9:29 AM, Stephen C. Rose <stever...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Semiotics seems to me almost a meta thing.

Why?
Are you really considering the vast range of signs that are used by various
disciplines that contribute to the non-monotonic course of lives?

> A means of making academic what would be clear if not meta-ed up with
> interpretive elaboration and complexity.

Only the monotonic routines of lives are sometimes clear.
In particular, the vast scales of nature, from the infinitesimally small to the
universe as a whole, demand interpretive evaluations of signs.

> We live day by day and our time is necessarily limited.

> We encounter things and think about them and then act or express. If one
> wants to analyze this process fine but that is secondary to the actual
> process.

How is this possible for anyone who chooses a non-mechanical life of the mind?

Cheers
Jerry