}Jon, list:

        A non-symbolic user, to me, is a non-human. I consider that all
realms, the physic-chemical, biologic and human conceptual realms,
engage in semiosis, but only the human realm uses symbols in this
interaction. You will probably disagree.

        Yes, I am suggesting that the term Quasi-mind, which applies to
dialogic interaction, is a momentary event within the interactions of
the utterer and interpreter.

        Edwina
 On Fri 16/02/18  4:46 PM , Jon Alan Schmidt jonalanschm...@gmail.com
sent:
 Edwina, List:
 I will review and comment on the quotes that Gary R. posted at a
later time, and also offer my current working definition of
"Quasi-mind."  For now, I am just seeking clarification of your brief
remarks below.
 1.  What do you mean by "a non-symbolic user"?2.  Are you suggesting
that the term "Quasi-mind" applies to "dialogic interaction" as a
momentary event, rather than each of the individual participant(s)
therein?
 Thanks,
Jon Alan Schmidt - Olathe, Kansas, USAProfessional Engineer, Amateur
Philosopher, Lutheran Laymanwww.LinkedIn.com/in/JonAlanSchmidt [1] -
twitter.com/JonAlanSchmidt [2]