}The way I explain it, to myself, is:

        Pure or Genuine Secondness [2-2]  is an interaction [Relation] of
direct physical bruteness. A baseball bat hitting the ball. Period.
Strictly an external observation.

        Degenerate Secondness [2-1]  has, within the Interaction, a bit of
Firstness added to it, a bit of quality,  an internal emotion added.
An internal feeling, a sensation to the interaction of that bat
hitting the ball..

        Pure Thirdness is pure Mind. The abstract thought or idea of beauty.

        Thirdness with a bit of Secondness added to it [3-2] is a mental act
directly connected to an external physical object/act.  Considering a
flower in front of you as the example of that abstract idea of
beauty.

        Thirdness with a bit of Firstness added to it [3-1] is a mental act
copying a basic rule. Considering that all red flowers are examples
of beauty.

        Not sure if this muddies the terms up even more - but that's how I
explain it to myself.

        Edwina
 On Sat 24/03/18 10:35 AM , "Stephen C. Rose" stever...@gmail.com
sent:
 Not worth getting into a long to do about. If understanding Peirce
wins brownie points count me out. I will ever know as much as the
next. After reading this I feel just as I did when I made the initial
comment. If that clouds my real understanding of Peirce so be it.
 amazon.com/author/stephenrose [1]