Stephen, list,

You wrote: "Triadic philosophy asks how what we are considering is
tolerant, helpful and democratic. It considers how it relates to freedom.
love and justice."

I understand that *your* triadic philosophy--quite different from Peirce's
by your own admission even in terms of your basic triad--is concerned with
"freedom, love and justice."

But, as we recently discussed here in another thread in connection with
what Peirce had said in the first Cambridge Lecture of 1898, these are
matters of 'sentiment' which scientific inquiry should not concern itself
with but, rather, should strictly avoid. Sentiment may be *far more
importan*t in the scheme of humane concerns, he suggests, but science must
be free to make its inquiries unrestrained by these concerns.

So for science pragmatism expresses itself principally in how to conduct
what Peirce calls in the N.A. a "complete inquiry" involving hypothesis
formation, deduction of the implications for testing the hypothesis, and
the actual inductive testing which, as noted by John Sowa and Gary Furhman
begin a circle of inquiry.

I would like to have people on the list feel free to engage in whatever
Peirce-related inquiries they wish at whatever level of abstraction they
wish to conduct them. That is all.

Best,

Gary

*Gary Richmond*