Gary, I certainly concur with the points being raised here. The selfishness,
in particular, inspires every manner of unfalsifiable conjecture to be
spouted, by average scientists trying to be first with a great idea. There's
a lot of rubbish swilling around, and this has the effect of dumbing down
the rest of science, so that the really good ideas are lost in the swill.
Unfalsifiable and untestable Big Bang, dark matter, dark energy, the future
impacting on the past (quantum eraser experiment), etc, etc, and on it
rolls, the conjectures spew from all over, they don't end. Some might have
merit. Most do not.

I do not disagree that environmental problems need to be taken seriously.
However. and this is non-trivial. the onus is on climate change proponents,
for example, to prove that their government-heavy, groupthink-driven,
corruption-prone initiatives are more effective than the efficiencies to
which lean-and-hungry small-government systems are predisposed. Not to
mention the fake, corrupt science and problems with the peer-review process
as identified by the likes of Richard Horton (2015) and Matt Binswanger
(2014). The climate-change fashion is not to be trusted because of this.

And then there is my favorite bug-bear, entropy. It continues to amaze me
that Neo-Darwinists, especially, so easily turn a blind eye to the entropy
problem. or perhaps this should not amaze me, maybe we are not all that
different to our pagan-god-worshipping ancestors. With this kind of leap in
judgment, Neo-Darwinism is a belief system, no different to any kind of
religion. Absent is any kind of axiomatic framework to bring it all
together.

Thinking within the context of an axiomatic framework is essential. Isaac
Newton is my favorite example because his axiomatic thinking is quite
explicit. CS Peirce is another good example, but his axiomatic thinking is
implied. I don't think he spelled out what it was that structured his
reasoning. Peirce's implied axiomatic framework (in the context of
biosemiotics), I anticipate, will play an essential part in making sense of
quantum mechanics. Central is the question of pragmatism. how does any
entity (including subatomic and atomic particles) "define" the things that
matter? In what manner is "space" experienced by different mind-bodies
(holons)?

Think of everything that we now have out our fingertips. the science, the
physics, the telescopes, the realization of what a galaxy is and that there
are trillions of them, and trillions of billions of planets. Then think
about the primitive degeneracy that western culture is rapidly sliding into.
If one accepts the notion of reincarnation (as I do - the question of
nonlocality of self has serious merit), then the odds, for most of us, of
returning to a culture that knows what we know about the moon, the sun and
the stars will be pretty slim. Dark prospects await most of us, and it will
be back to dying from simple diseases, worshipping our local star-god,
drinking stagnant smelly water and not knowing why it makes you sick, child
sacrifice, and wondering whether the little old lady across the road track
is a wicked witch who's cast a spell on your family.

In conclusion, a Peircean-biosemiotic based paradigm understands the
relevance of imitation (in the deeper sense of knowing how to be) to
pragmatism. It understands the relationship between personality and culture,
and therefore the nature of groupthink, corruption, and what makes cultures
healthy or sick. Where Peirce says "the man is the thought", I say "the
culture is the thought," and this opens up the narrative to thinking about
what heaven and hell might be. Fixing climate change? The problem lies
elsewhere and band-aid fixes by even the most well-intentioned will fail to
address them properly. it's just pissing into the wind. maybe delay the
inevitable, or maybe make it worse, depending on how fake the science is.
For the most part, the climate-change fashion just gives virtue-signaling
hypocrites the opportunity to masquerade their moral superiority, and shame
those that don't accept their fake science.

Regards