Gary F., List:

As I have acknowledged previously, Peirce evidently changed his mind about
what a Sign *signifies*.

In 1904, "every sign sufficiently complete *signifies characters*, or
qualities"--i.e., "Aristotelian *Form*"--such that "The totality of the
predicates of a sign, and also the totality of the characters it signifies"
constitute its logical depth, *Inhalt*, or connotation (EP 2:304-305).
However, in 1909, "its *Interpretant *is the *Signification *of the
concept, its *Inhalt*, its 'connotation' (to use a bad term)" (EP 2:497).  Now
I see that already in 1906, "indefiniteness as to what is the Object of the
Sign, and indefiniteness as to its Interpretant" refer respectively to
"indefiniteness in Breadth and in Depth" (CP 4.543).

Again, my own position is what I take to be Peirce's earlier view--logical
breadth (what a Sign denotes) and logical depth (what a Sign signifies)
correspond to different aspects of the Object (Dynamic and Immediate), and
only information as their product corresponds to the Interpretant.