Jon, John, List,

JAS:  ... there is a late passage ... that spells out in considerable
detail what Peirce ultimately considered to be the "proper" logical
analysis of a proposition.
JFS:  No.  Definitely not.

Again, the evidence says otherwise.  Peirce plainly stated to Jourdain that
"the proper way in logic is to take as the subject whatever there is of
which sufficient knowledge cannot be conveyed in the proposition itself,
but collateral experience on the part of its interpreter is requisite,"
such that "everything in a proposition that possibly can should be thrown
into the subjects, leaving the pure predicate a mere form of connection"
that is "'*continuous*' or 'self-containing'" (NEM 3:885; 1908).  Likewise,
Peirce plainly stated to Welby that "when we have carried analysis so far
as to leave only a continuous predicate, we have carried it to its ultimate
elements" (SS 72; 1908).

It is clear for those with mind open and eyes to see that the evidence says
that ""the proper way in logic is to take as the subject whatever there is
of which sufficient knowledge cannot be conveyed in the proposition itself,
but collateral experience on the part of its interpreter is requisite,"
such that "*everything in a proposition that possibly can should be thrown
into the subjects*, leaving the pure predicate a mere form of connection"
that is "'*continuous*' or 'self-containing" (emphasis added).

Best,

Gary

*Gary Richmond*
*Philosophy and Critical Thinking*