In light of Peirce's brief experimentation with explicitly including in EGs
the Continuous Predicate, "is in the relation of/to," such that it would
always be the *only *Spot in a given Graph with more than one Peg, I would
like to propose anew what I described previously as a "more radical
revision."  Mindful of his ethics of terminology, I will call the resulting
diagrams Modified Existential Graphs, or MEGs.  The Sheet of Assertion,
existential quantification, Cuts, and transformation rules are all
unchanged; however ...

   1. Labeled Spots for predicates with multiple Pegs are replaced with
   labeled Points for Subjects, reflecting their role as the *Indexical *part
   of a Proposition that *denotes *its complete collective Object.
   2. Multiple Lines of Identity for individuals are replaced with a single
   branching Line of Relation for the Continuous Predicate, reflecting its
   role as the *Iconic *part of a Proposition that *signifies *its
   Interpretant.
   3. Every branch of the Line of Relation terminates at a Point for a
   Subject, generally read left to right as subject nominative, indirect
   object (if applicable), and direct object, with prepositions labeling
   additional branches as needed.
   4. Points for Subjects that are relations are placed above the
   horizontal Line of Relation, while Points for Subjects that are correlates
   are placed at each end of it and below it.

The goal here is to implement "the proper way in logic" (NEM 3:885; 1908)
by carrying the analysis of each Proposition "to its ultimate limits" (SS
72; 1908).  Attached are a few examples for illustration and comparison.
Please let me know what you think.

Thanks,