Gary R., List:

Gary F. just beat me to it, but I will go ahead and post my response anyway.

GR:  That Peirce expresses the relation of the sign to the Interpretant and
to the Object *adjectivally *is significant. Or, if one doesn't think it's
significant, why not?

Because *Peirce *evidently did not consider it to be significant.

CSP:  ... a Qualisign is necessarily an Icon ... it can only be interpreted
as a sign of essence, that is, as a Rheme ...
... an Iconic Sinsign ... Being an Icon ... can only be interpreted as a
sign of essence, or Rheme ...
... a Dicent Sinsign is necessarily an Index ...
... an Iconic Legisign ... Being an Icon, it must be a Rheme ...
... a Rhematic Symbol, or Symbolic Rheme ... (CP 2.254-261, EP 2:294-295;
1903)

He freely switched back and forth between adjectives and nouns, and
explicitly equated "Rhematic Symbol" with "Symbolic Rheme."  Whether we
call a particular class "Rhematic Indexical Legisign" or "Rhematic
Legisignic Index" or "Legisignic Indexical Rheme" makes no
*substantive *difference
whatsoever.

I stand by what I said before--*every *Sign is either a Rheme (Seme), a
Dicisign (Pheme/Proposition), or an Argument (Delome).  Unlike
Iconic/Indexical/Symbolic, I am not aware of *any *passage where Peirce
suggested that one Sign can be more or less Rhematic/Dicent/Argumentative
(or Semic/Phemic/Delomic) than another.