Jon wrote:

In other words, the nature of the final interpretant constrains the possible
natures of the dynamic and immediate interpretants, just as the nature of the
dynamical object constrains the possible nature of the immediate object.

Jon,

That is quite some statement, I wonder whether Trump would agree, look at his
deeds. And, I mean this in a very real sense. It was not just a joke that
Peirce also wrote: we have to choose between mamon and god. At most, it is our
duty to find the final interpretant, it is not an inescapable end. Nature of
...? What means nature here? Without nature and with normal instead of final, I
could consider to agree. But then we are only at the level of the legisign
aspect ( the involved sign aspects included of course) or, in other words,
dealing with habits of interpretation.

Best regards,

Auke van Breemen