Auke, List:

AvB:  I read these quotes as indicating two concepts, as the terms choosen
already suggest, i.e. 'eventual' and 'normal'.

Understood, but by contrast I read "eventual interpretant" and "normal
interpretant" as two *tentative *terms (with *tentative *definitions) for
the *same *concept, which were eventually superseded by "final
interpretant."  While the names vary over time, Peirce consistently
maintains that there are *exactly three* interpretants, since this is
required by his categorial analysis as Robert's podium diagram helpfully
illustrates.

AvB:  I suggested a distinction between 'dynamical interpretant'
(aspectual) and 'dynamical interpretant response' (typical) for
disambiguation pusposes.

Again, I do not read Peirce as defining two *different *"dynamical
interpretants," but rather working out in his Logic Notebook some candidate
ideas for defining *the *dynamical interpretant.  In this case, a dynamical
interpretant as "the determination of a field of consciousness" is a *logical
*interpretant producing a *further sign* in the interpreter such that the
sign itself is a *usual*, while a dynamical interpretant as "the commanded
act in the mere doing of it" is an *energetic *interpretant producing an
*effort* in the interpreter such that the sign itself is a *percussive*.

AvB (in another thread):  Semiotics must be developed by a study of signs
and sign processes, not by speculations on particular concepts of god, not
even Peirce's.

I agree, and my point was not to say anything one way or the other about
theism--only that Peirce considers the entire universe to be a *sign*,
specifically an argument; and as such, like *every *sign, it necessarily
has a final interpretant.