John,

Thanks for this info. I came to this conclusion by analyzing the 8th signtype
(rhematic, symbolic, legisign) from the point of view of KiF. ()= involvement.
The outer brackets signify that the process is not yet finished. It just are
fragments of what is involved in the proces: sheet, sign >- sign respons.

1. The (((qualisign) (icon, sinsign)), (legisign)) is the classification or
pattern recognition mode,

The sinsign is dual faced, it signifies a) the icon is, and, b) it is on this
sheet. The sheet is signifing the index position gluing the process elements or
sign aspects together and introducing the historical context of this sheet as
it is virtually present.

3. The (((symbol), index), (legisign)) my find the same habit of interpretation
(symbol) attached, with a modification of the legisign as a result.

But then, somewhere at their rheme position the interpretative possibilities of
the two sign systems overlap.

2. ((Rheme), (icon, (index)))

Best,

Auke