Gary F., List:

Thank you for this remarkably concise and lucid explanation of why it is
important to recognize phaneroscopy as a distinct science, and why Peirce
situates it where he does within his overall classification. I find the
following statement to be especially illuminating, and I have bolded the
key phrase within it.

GF: Logic and metaphysics have to develop their senses of truth and reality
from some method of observing and generalizing *that does not presuppose
them*, and that is what Peirce called phenomenology or phaneroscopy.

It is another helpful reminder to me as someone who has a tendency to jump
straight into logic/semeiotic and metaphysics.

Structural Engineer, Synechist Philosopher, Lutheran Christian