Edwina, Jon, List,

ET: If anything is present to the mind - then it is triadic, i.e.,
semiotic. As I've said, it could be a qualisign, an iconic sinsign, a
rhematic sinsign, a dicent sinsign [brute actuality]. If anything functions
as a stimulus - then it is triadic.

This is a clear example of what I've called the conflation and attempted
reduction of *phenomenology* to *logic as semiotic*. The examples of signs
which Edwina gives are found and developed in *semeiotic grammar* (the
first of the three branches of the classificatory later science of *logic
as semeiotic*) *based on the phaneroscopic findings of categoriality
in phenomenology*. This would seem to put the cart before the horse.

But this has been argued to death; and it would appear that those who would
conflate phenomenology with mathematics and/or semeiotic appear unable or
unwilling to imagine a phaneroscopic science such as that conceived of by
Peirce. It appears that they would either reduce phenomenology to a kind of
mathematics or semeiotics or they would attempt to eliminate it altogether.

Best,

Gary R

“Let everything happen to you
Beauty and terror