Max, this is a very informative post.  Quite a few people complain about paying
school taxes because they do not have any children in school.  Here in Chico, we
finally passed a school bond on the fourth try.  But it was close to failing
again.

I worry that the same could happen to Social Security.  Admittedly, we don't
hear much resistance since Peterson's "movement" in which young people complain
about paying Social Security taxes has disappeared.

I do appreciate the perspective that you offer in your note, despite the muffled
dig at your bete noir.

--

Michael Perelman
Economics Department