Although not directly related to this topic I would like you to refer to my
first published paper while in the US titled "The Exhaustion of the
National Model of Development: Depeasantisation and Industrialisation In
Peru", Scandinavian Journal of Development Alternatives, Vol.X, No.4,
December 1991 (pp. 5-35).

This paper was written after having taken a seminar course with Professor
Henri Favre (a social anthropologist), a well known French scholar
specializing in the Andean region. He has spent time with the SL. The paper
is more descriptive but does provide, I think, a good context to evaluate
contemporary Peruvian development.

Cheers, Anthony D'Costa