Let me start out by saying that I have no doubt that intellectual property
increases surplus value, just as if the entire economy consisted of a region, such
as San Francisco, which experienced a rapid increase in rents, surplus value
increased relative to what goes to labor.

Doug asks for proof.  I cannot give it.  To begin with, Doug has a much better
command of data than I do.  To make matters worse, data is not collected about such
matters.

Some so maybe I am writing a wobbly paradigm.

--
Michael Perelman
Economics Department

Tel. 530-898-5321