First of all, I want to thank everybody who has responded to this.  It has been very
useful to me.

There are enormous differences in the rate at which IP information dissipates.
Copyrights now last 70 years.  Patents, 20.  Patents used to be given for processes
in the production of chemicals, now they are given for the compounds.

--
Michael Perelman
Economics Department

Tel. 530-898-5321