Again, IP is not the sole determinant.  You might say, if you were to imagine an
IP-only explanation, that it fueled the stock market boom, which allowed wages and
profits to both increase.  Again, we don't have the data, but the rising wages
would be consistent with a higher rate of exploitation.

--
Michael Perelman
Economics Department

Tel. 530-898-5321