Brad, that's a pretty restricted set of choices.  Assembling staplers might
not be so dangerous, but most of the workers there sit in a toxic stew.

Would it be better to provide for the corn farmers with credit, with the
same access to water that the large farmers get, and with the same sort of
cultural amenities available in cities -- maybe by setting up colleges in
the countryside instead of in cities?

--
Michael Perelman
Economics Department