On Tue, 18 Jul 2000, Michael Perelman wrote:

> Would it be better to provide for the corn farmers with credit, with the
> same access to water that the large farmers get, and with the same sort of
> cultural amenities available in cities -- maybe by setting up colleges in
> the countryside instead of in cities?

And then co-finance local industries producing farm tools and processing
machinery, and then an industrial sector to service the farm tools, and
then computer plants to service the industrial sector. If China can do it
with a little help from Li Ka-shing, why can't Mexico do it? C'mon, Brad,
after all *your people* were and are in charge of Mexico (I'm just
kidding, but you know what I mean). What went wrong?

-- Dennis